Contact Form for Booking Services
Live Sunday services started again at 10am from Easter Sunday, 2021.
• Singing is not allowed but music may be played.
• Communion is able to be served without wine, administered to people where they sit in the pews.
• All leaders, volunteers and members of the congregation are required to wear face coverings apart from when consuming the communion bread or wafer
• It is not permitted to socialize either in the church or outside before or after the service.
• There will not be refreshments served after the service.
- To reserve a place in church please complete the booking form, indicating which service you would like to attend and how many family members in your household bubble will be attending.
- Please note: You can only book for a given service in the week from the Monday preceding the date of the service.
- You will be informed by e-mail or telephone by the Friday of that week whether you have secured a place.
We meet in church at 4pm on the 4th Sunday of the month for a fun-filled 45 minutes of music, craft and fun together learning about God and Jesus. Afterwards we meet in the church hall for a party tea, usually with plenty of cake, crisps and chocolate!
Please note Family@4 does not take place in August or December. For services in the current month see the "Latest News".
There are no regular evening services at St.Andrew's on a Sunday but there are afternoon and evening services from time to time, some of these monthly, others at less frequent intervals. These are normally listed in the "Latest News" section of the website as they come due, or in our "Calendar of Events".
The occasional afternoon/evening services include:-
- A "Memorial Service" for the recently bereaved (twice a year, often in May and November), which includes prayer for each family we have recently ministered to.
- A service of "Prayer and Laying on of Hands" for the sick.
- The popular Christmas "Nine Lessons and Carols" service in December.
- "Prayer First". A time of informal prayer for the world and the church held at on the first Sunday of the month. This may take place in the church hall.
The Sunday morning services at St. Andrew's follow the pattern but please note there will be differences during the Covid pandemic restrictions.
1st Sunday: Holy Communion Service
2nd Sunday: "All Together" Service
3rd Sunday: Holy Communion Service
4th Sunday: Service of the Word
5th Sunday: Various formats and usually followed by a "Shared Lunch" in the Church Hall
The ‘All Together’ Service is very much like the previous "All Age Service". However, the intention is to evolve it over time, building on the success of Family@4 whilst ensuring that the service really does have something for everyone.
We know that for some an earlier and quieter service is their preferred style. However, we suggest those who feel this way should consider trying worship at our sister church in Sadberge at their 09:15 time. Sadberge is a more traditional Sung Eucharist i.e. singing responses with a strong lead from the good choir. The first Sunday is a Service of the Word, and the following 3 (or 4) are Eucharistic.
After church coffee and biscuits are served in the church hall across the road.
Music plays an important role in worship at St Andrew's and our services are supported by several music groups who reflect the style of worship at each service.
At the morning services there is an organist or a worship band with keyboard, instrumentalists and singers. Once a month our talented younger people lead the worship at this service.
Musicians also support other services such as Family@4 and Tea and Praise.
We are always on the look out for people interested in helping with the music in church. If you are a singer or an instrumentalist and would like to play with us, please get in touch.
|16 May, 10:00AM|
Service of the Word: In church
|16 May, 10:15AM|
Sunday Morning Worship: on-line
|19 May, 07:15PM|
Alpha Course - Online version
|20 May, 01:30PM|
Food Bank Distribution
|23 May, 10:00AM|
Sunday Worship: In church
|23 May, 10:15AM|
Sunday Morning Worship: on-line