The Alpha Course is starting again - online
The next Alpha Course is due to start on Wednesday 5th May, 7:00 for 7:30 online.
We are starting this course on-line due to the present government restrictions on meetings. If the situation changes we will amend the course as we go.
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Each evening looks at a different question around faith and life and is designed to create conversation. It meets weekly for about 12 weeks, and includes a "Holy Spirit Away Day".
We are pleased to announce that the live Sunday morning service in church started at 10:00am from Easter Sunday.
Social-distancing requirement will remain until HMG states otherwise so it is still necessary to maintain 2m distancing and wear face coverings in church.
What to expect as you come to church:
- Services in church are different now as we follow Government guidelines.
- There is a booking system in place at a service to reserve a place.
- Singing is not allowed but music may be played.
- Communion can be served without wine and administered to people where they sit in the pews.
- All leaders, volunteers and members of the congregation are required to wear face coverings apart from when consuming the communion bread or wafer.
- It is not permitted to socialize either in the church or outside before or after the service.
- There will not be refreshments served after the service.
Christians Against Poverty at St. Andrew's
In conjunction with CAP nationwide we run a local CAP debit service agency. CAP is a debt counselling charity devoted to help people out of debt and learn to organise their finances for the future.It does not pay off debts but helps people to find ways of getting rid of their debt burden and helps negotiate ways out of debt.
This service is free and open to all irrespective of race or belief and is devoted to helping people to cope with debt. Entirely non-judgmental we aim to help people work their way out of debt in association with CAP national.
If you are in debt and need help contact our local Rep Rachel who will begin the process of getting you out of debt.
For more information about CAP visit the Christians against Poverty website,
St. Andrew's Food Bank exists to provide food for people in need. If you find you cannot provide food for your family, whatever the reason, the Food Bank can help to tide you over until you're on your feet again.
The Food Bank is open every week. Call at St Andrew's Church Hall off Haughton Greeen, on a Thursday afternoon, 1:30 to 2:30pm.
During the Coronavirus epidemic we are keeping the Food Bank open, but with a strict procedure to maximize Social Distancing. When the weather is fine enough the distribution will take place outdoors. Please follow the guidance of our helpers for everyone's health.
We can accept food donations between 12-30 and 2-30 each Thursday.
We are always looking for more donors to replenish our supplies! Will you help?
In recent weeks we have seen a dramatic increase in the number of families seeking help to over 25. Please add a couple of tins to your shopping this week -soup, beans, tomatoes, fish, meat, fruit and vegatables are all needed. Can you arrange a collection at your place of work?
If you can help us please drop off your contributions at the church office.
For more information see our Food Bank Page.
St.Andrew's during the Covid-19 pandemic
This page gives up-to-date information about our church's response to the present coronavirus pandemic
CHURCH STATUS UPDATE
We are currently working out what is possible for us as a church as we get used to the "new normal".
What is on:-
- The church office is open in the morning, but with social distancing in operation. Peferably email or phone the office rather than visit.
- The Live Sunday service started again at 10am on Easter Sunday. 2021.
- We are streaming a Worship service via our YouTube pages on Sundays at 10.00am. See the Current Sunday Worship news page for more information.
- We are holding simple services of daily Evening Prayers, led by church members, at 7pm which are live via our Facebook page and available a little later on YouTube.
- The Alpha Course online begins again in May.